Looking for time and cost effective solutions for your protein expression, purification and process development requirements?
Our scientists have in-depth experience in the expression and purification of recombinant proteins using the BacMam platform. We offer our extensive expertise for producing your recombinant proteins, vaccine antigens, VLPs and antibodies.
Clients can choose from:
- Cloning into proprietary BacMam vectors offered by us. The inclusion and nature of purification tags in the constructs will be determined by the clients.
- Transfection and generation of primary recombinant BacMam virus in sf9 cells.
- Amplification in sf9 cells to obtain a high-titre virus.
- Small-scale test expressions in HEK293 and CHO mammalian cell lines. Upon client’s request, we can test expression in other cell lines.
- Small-scale analytical purifications. For membrane proteins, we offer small-scale solubility tests in order to identify the most suitable detergent.
- Scale-up of mammalian cell cultures for large scale expression.
- Large scale purification from conditioned media or cell paste. Purification protocols may be adapted from the literature, developed in-house or provided by the client.
- Biochemical analysis of purified proteins:
- Western Blot
- Functional activity
- Post-translational modifications
- Charge homogeneity
- N-terminal sequencing
- Production of selenomethionine labeled protein for phasing.
All projects submitted by our clients will go through a thorough scientific evaluation before we issue a customized program and quotation with milestone based payments. We maintain the highest standards of complete confidentiality. Through the project duration, clients will be provided with a progress report every week. Final products are accompanied by batch records and specification sheets containing original documentation.
Understanding BacMam:Originally discovered by Dr. Frederick Boyce, “BacMam” platform technology is based on “Baculovirus mediated gene transfer into Mammalian cells”. This sophisticated technology essentially uses Baculovirus as a vehicle to efficiently deliver and express genes in mammalian cells. With an excellent bio-safety profile of Baculovirus, BacMam is now used in cell based assays, live cell imaging, stem cell biology, high throughput drug screening, Fluorescence Microscopy, Receptor Activation/Pathway Analysis and large-scale protein expression. The system can be used to transduce a wide range of mammalian cell lines including HEK293, HeLa, U2-OS, COS and CHO cells. The ability of baculoviruses to enter mammalian cells means that the transduction can be achieved by simply adding a virus inoculum to the cells.
Advantages of the BacMam expression system?
BacMam and Magellan Life Sciences® Connection